Thursday, October 21, 2010

Muddling through...

I'm back in Maine and still on cash though seriously depleted. Luckily, I am getting a reimbursement tomorrow that should carry me through payday.

I feel like a baby bird who's been thrown out of the nest and is expected to figure out how to fly. There were a couple times on my trip where I thought about stopping at a store...then realized I didn't have my "back up plan" in place (aka my cards) in case I overspent. There IS NO overspend anymore. It was a wake up call!

I'll post in a couple days to show my progress. The good news is I am less than a week from payday and have lots of ideas on how to spend that money...in  a responsible way  :)  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Iris,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I've had a chance to catch up on yours, and I must say, you are doing great!

    Isn't it amazing how you really have to stop and think before you spend cash?? My wallet is still full, and I'm thrilled to say that I only have one week before I can fill it up more. I'm holding out....I want money left in my accounts.

    I look forward to following your progress!

    Regards,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sharon:

    Thank you for the encouragement. I've really enjoyed your blog and I appreciate the kind words. I will keep the blog updated as we progress! Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete