Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Payday Wednesday Update

Once again it is payday and I am feeling pretty positive about this month. The numbers on the sidebar are updated as of today. We are making slow but steady progress.

After recalculating our December budget to add in some additional monies we will have coming in (and deduct some bills we don't have to pay this month) we are in good shape. I allotted extra dollars to medical, groceries and misc. categories to give myself a little wiggle room.

I did decide to shop early because the knot in my stomach was growing bigger and bigger when I thought about waiting. I am happy to report I am right on target with my holiday budget thus far. I have spent $130 on the credit card out of $700 I am expecting from the second pay period.  The rest of my Christmas spending has been in cash. We have $570 to spend this weekend when we embark upon the shopping marathon Sunday. I am tracking total spending in Excel so that we don't exceed the holiday budget, whether items are purchased in cash or not. We can do this!

I added $70 to the E-fund today also.  It's growing - hurray!

All in all, we're in a great place for December. The tree went up Monday and the holiday spirit has found its way to our house. It is shaping up to be an enjoyable holiday season and that makes me very happy.

Happy holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Iris,
    It sounds like you are making great progress! Happy shopping! :)!

    ReplyDelete