Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Payday Wednesday Update

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....the snow is falling and I could not be happier!

As it usually does, the money came in today, and went right back out again. I paid my credit card in full and that was pretty much it. But, HOORAY! Christmas is paid in full. Now I have to remember when I get home to take that credit card OUT of my wallet and put it back in the safe. :)

I'll update the sidebar to reflect our most recent payments and additions to savings. The E-fund is growing which I love. We added $56 to it. Other than that, our numbers are moving very slowly in the right direction. As I mentioned last month, our plan was to be cautious with our debt repayment through the holidays and then hit it hard in January.

We are pretty low on funds for 'extras' until next week's check arrives, but we will have enough to get through. The house is well stocked with food and all the gifts are purchased. We'll be OK.

On the non-personal finance side, our daughter has gone to Nana's for a couple days. We have a few friends coming over tonight to play cards and visit since we won't see them at Christmas.  Tomorrow we have work, and then tomorrow night we will wrap the kiddo's gifts.  Friday morning we'll do our housework and pick up the seafood for the Christmas Eve feast. The in-laws will arrive on Friday afternoon and we will begin our festivities!

I am  feeling very blessed and happy this holiday season. I hope all of you out there in blog world are enjoying yourselves, too.

Happy holidays,
Iris

4 comments:

  1. Iris,
    How wonderful! The grandparents get to enjoy their granddaughter, and you get some precious free time! Win-Win!

    Have fun with your friends, sounds like fun...

    Great job on the finance end. A paid off cc just plain feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Christmas paid in full!!!
    What a great sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas Paid in Full & Daughter going to have fun with grandparents!!!! woot woot!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete