Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Payday Wednesday Update

Greetings from the very warm North!

It’s payday again, which means money came in, and went out again in a hurry.  It’s OK though. Everything is under control.  We’ve been doing really well with spending lately!

I paid the bills and reduced our truck balance a bit, and added funds to savings.  It now stands at $379, up from $279.

Our focus recently has shifted a little bit.  I have been paying our normal bills and a little extra, but we have become very focused on our tenuous grasp on the concept of an E -fund.  It’s just something we have ALWAYS been challenged at.  So, as of right now we are working towards saving more rather than aggressively paying down debt.

At the same time, it’s disheartening to me because our balances are moving at a snail’s pace. I am not going to lie – at this payoff rate, we are not going to hit our payoff goal for the year, nor are we making any headway on our snowflakes.  I had thought I had some Craigslist sales of items around the house lined up for July, but they fell through.

We are preparing for a yard sale in two weeks, so I hope to do well on that and put away a significant chunk from that.  We have A LOT to sell.  And I know that we’re going to get where we’re going, but when I look at the big picture that goal seems so far away.



We’re trudging forth.  I know we’ll get there.  I’m just discouraged.


2 comments:

  1. Oh no, stay focused and positive if you can. It will make a world of difference. Hopefully the upcoming yard sale will go great for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm right there with you - stressed but just gotta keep swimming... we can do it together - stay positive!!!

    great job on the EF!

    ReplyDelete