Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Resolutions

1. Establish a $1000 E-fund. And keep it above that amount…see earlier post.
2. Eliminate $8,800 in debt. This includes our medical and credit card debt, and would bring the truck loan balance down under $3,000.
3. Graduate from college (again.) Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll have my master's in June.
4.  Continue to lose weight. Goal is 15 more pounds.
5.  Find a way to make $80 in snowflakes per month. I upped this from $50 because we really need more momentum on our finances.
6. Be a better wife and mom. I know all moms struggle with this, but I seem to be spreading myself exceptionally thin between my job and grad school.  I want to make more time to go out with my husband - alone J - and also do more fun activities with our daughter.
7. Spend some time improving myself.  There are things I used to do which I don’t do anymore – I gave them up when we faced financial struggles and I never went back. Sadly, a number of those items directly affected my health and well-being. This year I vow to:
a. Go see the dentist regularly
b. Go have my eyes checked (it’s been 5 years!)
c. Spend a little more time and money on my appearance
d. Visit the chiropractor at least 7 times (helps me with migraines)
e. Exercise at least twice a week.
During open enrollment in December, I changed my withholding amounts for my FSA to cover most of these needs if not all.  I had to do some guesswork but I feel confident that I allocated well, so these items should not after-tax budget figures I use much.

So….there we go. I will do a check-in once a month at the end of the month to document my progress on these resolutions.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck to you achieving your goals this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in 2011!

    I'm trying to make some 'snowflakes' too. Do you have any stuff to sell or are you looking for other ways to make the $80? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do sell items - all the sowflakes you see on here are usually Ebay sales. But, I need to ramp it up a bit! I'm open to ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals! its going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this list...I'm going to have to come up with some myself!

    ReplyDelete