Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Payday Wednesday Update

It’s payday and that makes me a very happy girl, even though my funds are already spoken for.  I paid the bills and updated the sidebars over there --- >
Not much debt reduction was done this time around since I had a couple of planned expenses I knew we had to cover. I budgeted those out of cash flow from this check:
·         Truck registration:  $300 (haven’t done it yet, but it will be somewhere between $285 and $310)
·         Husband’s 40th birthday mini-getaway:  $240
I’m a bit bummed that these expenses are falling in January, because that would be a nice chunk toward our debt. But, I have to remind myself that one of my 2011 goals had nothing to do with debt repayment, and that was to spend more time alone with my husband. So, I consider this a good thing, even though I could have paid that towards our last medical bill.
Back to money:  one of our 2011 goals is to pay off $8,800 in debt this year.  Our grand total to date is…..
….wait for it…..



$365.  L
We have a long way to go, but we’ll get there. As a comparison, we have paid off $1,607 in debt since we began tracking on 11/1/10:
November, December and January:  $1607 or $536/month.
Sigh. It seems insurmountable, but we’re determined. And at least the numbers are going in the right direction!
I’m making progress on some of my other resolutions, also. More on that in a later post.
Until then,
Iris

4 comments:

  1. I just love paydays! Its a good feeling all day long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...You will get there! Keep pluggin away, you are doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh! I have never heard that expression before....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha! I love it Sharon :) That's right. You'll get there. Sounds like you are on the right path. One day at a time and take time out to smell the roses. Enjoy your getaway with your husband and don't even think about bills during your time together.

    ReplyDelete