Monday, November 29, 2010

2011 Goals

For me, personally, the best way to get over setbacks is to look to the future. With that in mind I have begun setting my 2011 goals. Here's what I have come up with so far:

1. Establish a $1000 E-fund.
2. Pay off $8,800 in debt. This includes our medical and credit card debt, and would bring the truck loan balance down to $3,000.
3. Graduate from college (again.) Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'll have my master's in June.
4.  Continue to lose weight. Goal is 8-10 more pounds.
5.  Find a way to make $50 in snowflakes per month.

This is a partial list and I am sure I will add to/tweak it. But it's a start!

4 comments:

  1. those look like amazing goals!!! mine is pretty close to that ;) I plan on paying down 10k next year... it will be a stretch, but I think I will be able to do it if I am smart about it... just gotta be smart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JP:

    I considered setting a goal of $10k but I didn't want to stretch too far. There are a few items I want to take care of that are personal (ie I didn't want to share with the blog world) and I will need some money to do those things, so I am sticking with $8800. Good luck! We can both do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your goals this morning before leaving for work and I think they are great! They are not anything that you cannot possibly do. I love the goals that say "I'm going to pay off $100,000 off and lose 75lbs!" and by day two they have already charged another $1000 to their CC and gained 5lbs :S

    Keep up the good work and your goals will be met :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystin- thanks! I am hoping my goals are realistic...a stretch, but doable with a good amount of effort. I've been trying to catch up on your blog too. I'm enjoying it.

    We can do this, ladies!

    ReplyDelete