Monday, November 1, 2010

Setbacks

Although the Halloween weekend was fun, I have had a bit of discouragement over the past few days. The first was that I WAY overspent this wekeend. Clearly, I should not embark upon a weekend out of town with a large amount of unspoken-for cash sitting in my checking account. I blew about $160 on my debit card on Halloween supplies, food, and gas. Ick.

Secondly, I got an unexpected medical bill in the mail over the weekend. I had thought the balance was taken care of because I hadn't heard from the provider or gotten a statement in about 2 months. Turns out, the office was in transition to a new medical practice/location and they hadn't billed at all during the move...it's a one-man operation more or less, and they just didn't send bills during that time. Though they gave me a large discount on the balance I still owe $430.32.

So, long story short is this: what was a large amount of idle money to be devoted to my goals is now gone. Ugh.  I'm so depressed.

At least I didn't use my credit card...there is at least a ray of hope for me.

2 comments:

  1. Iris,

    How discouraging..but you didn't use credit cards!! That's a win!! And you had the cash to pay for it! Another win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I am so discouraged, Sharon! I was feeling like we were getting somewhere and this makes me feel like the same old thing...one step forward, two steps back.

    ReplyDelete