Sunday, November 28, 2010

Super productive day

I don't have much news on the money front, except that I used a Black Friday deal to open an ING account for our daughter and got a $25 account bonus. She already has a savings account at a brick and mortar bank, but I couldn't pass up a free $25 for literally 5 minutes worth of work. I can withdraw the free cash or add it to my own ING account after 30 days. Since ING is where I stash the majority of my E-fund, this is super convenient for me. Hooray for free money. It will be added to the snowflakes. :)

On the non-money front we had a super productive day: scrubbed down the two upstairs bathrooms, vaccuumed the whole house, got four loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away, made a corn chowder, did two loads of dishes, cleaned the front hall closet, and matched up a mountain of socks. Speaking of which, am I the only one who leaves socks in a basket to be matched at a later date?  I HATE this task. We had a whole laundry basket full and did them all today.

The only housework we didn't get to was cleaning out my truck and the other half of our garage. Currently I'm only able to fit in there; we need to clean the other side so the husband can park inside too. It's getting way too cold to keep the cars outside. I think we might do this next weekend - I have a mountain of baby items stacked up out there to give to my niece who is expecting on 12/27. Her baby shower is this Saturday, so I am planning on bringing those items to her then. It will free up a big chunk of space for the car.

It's been a good five days off but it's back to the reality of work tomorrow. I also owe a big project for my grad class - it ended on the 17th but I missed the end due to surgery. The professor was kind enough to give me the final as a take-home test, but it's due tomorrow and I haven't started yet. I'm really not into grad school right now, but in order to get a grade I have to pass this in. Ugh. I'll get it done...probably at 11:59 pm tomorrow night. I'm very glad that when I turn this in, I won't have any schoolwork until January.  :)

That's it, blog friends. Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment